Administrator - UK and Europe
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Positions Supervised: None
We seek an experienced Administrator who will support the delivery and development of TRG’s expanding business activities in the UK and Europe. The successful candidate will be motivated to be part of a client-centred team and is enthusiastic about helping TRG achieve its mission. This position is responsible for a variety of administrative, operational and project management functions. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys managing day-to-day activity, is competent at managing relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders, and has enthusiasm for delivery and development of communication and marketing activities and operational improvements. This ideal candidate is someone who takes initiative, brings integrity and dependability to the work. Self-motivation and a positive outlook will be rewarded with an opportunity to grow and develop.
Working alongside colleagues, the Administrator will:
- Manage and support day-to-day operations and project management of TRG’s consultancy partnerships.
- Support the planning and delivery of TRG’s marketing and communication activities for projects and campaigns, including National Campaign for the Arts.
- Undertake fundraising initiatives for National Campaign for the Arts.
- Manage databases and ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Undertake additional duties as assigned by the UK and Europe team.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work a consistently high standard on multiple initiatives simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Excellent presentational and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of colleagues.
- Demonstrable willingness to be ‘hands on’.
- Excellent administrative skills and experience with Microsoft Office packages.
- Proficiency with website and database management.
- Social media management experience.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- An understanding of the arts and cultural sector and an interest in arts policy and funding.
- Ability to write effective copy for websites, publications, etc.
- A-level or equivalent formal education
Contract: Permanent contract, 40 hours/week, hours of work can be flexible as arranged with the line manager, and longer hours may be necessary at peak times, for which time off in lieu can be arranged.
Location: The Administrator will work alongside TRG colleagues from a new Bristol-based office with regular contact with other colleagues based across the UK and North America via email, phone and video conferencing. Occasional travel in the UK and potentially overseas will be required.
Start date: The post is advertised as a full-time contract to start in May 2017. The option to work four days as a part-time position could be considered for the right candidate.
Reporting to: Gemma Nelson, Senior Project Manager
Notice: There will be an initial one months’ probationary period, during which one week’s notice of termination of employment will be required on either side. Following successful completion of the probationary period, one month’s notice will be required on either side.
Annual leave: 25 days per annum, plus Bank Holidays and plus any working days between Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Pension: Following completion of the probationary period, the company will make a contribution of 5% of salary to the post holders’ personal pension.
Position is located in TRG’s new Bristol-based office.
Deadline for applications is 9am on Friday 21 April. Please email your CV and a cover letter outlining how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the roles and responsibilities required of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also including links to work (articles, websites, blogs etc) you have had published.
For an informal conversation or any queries please email email@example.com or call 020 7438 2040.
Interviews will take place during in Bristol – dates TBC.
TRG Arts strives to be an equal opportunities employer. In matters of recruitment and employment we will ensure that no individual receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic or national origin, religious beliefs, marital status, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Download the Administrator - UK and Europe job description and person specification here.