Patron loyalty should be a cornerstone of any arts and cultural organization’s strategy to fulfill its mission and meet the bottom line. To support this work, TRG Arts and Theatre Communications Group have an exclusive partnership to serve a cohort of theatres: The Loyalty Collective.
The Loyalty Collective combines one-on-one consulting with classroom-style learning to boost subscriber: acquisition, retention, and pipeline development. From campaign planning to implementation and measurement, The Loyalty Collective is a hands-on, results-oriented program to grow loyalty and revenue at your organization.
Who should apply:
- TCG Member Theaters with budgets between $1 million – $4 million;
- Theaters where subscription sales are;
- In decline; or
- Are experiencing growth.
- Theaters who haven’t yet but are ready to start selling subscriptions.
This is right for you if:
You’re ready to INVEST in audience loyalty.
- You value data, are game for a change, love to learn, and more than anything: value the loyalty of your audience.
- You’re an arts professional committed to building relationships in the field.
- Your organization is actively seeking results-oriented professional development.
*There are a limited number of partial scholarships available to support this work.
TRG and TCG will review applications and invite a limited number of organizations to participate in The Loyalty Collective. All organizations will be notified by December 23 if they've been selected into the cohort. Interested organizations are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to ensure proper consideration before the deadline on Monday, December 16, 2019.
What to Expect:
Expert counsel to maximize subscription revenue and deepen audience loyalty through data-supported, tested strategies designed exclusively for performing arts organizations.
- Hands-on, strategic work time to develop comprehensive campaigns for your FY21 season.
- Use new reporting, analysis tools, and metrics to help you measure, manage and track campaign effectiveness.
- Build relationships with marketing professionals from across the country in intimate, focused summits, seminars, and conversations.
A complete acquisition and retention Subscription Campaign plan including: timing, audience segmentation, offer, expense allocation, and projected response rate.
- TRG sponsored registration for ONE member of your organization to attend the 2020 TCG National Conference in Phoenix.
What it Looks Like:
- TRG Arts will analyze each organization’s historical campaigns and patron trends.
- Two half-day remote sessions in early 2020
- Four months of on-going consulting in group calls, 1:1 calls with your consultant, and email support throughout.
- Culminating in a half-day in-person summit with your fellow arts administrators in Phoenix on June 3rd, 2020 during the TCG Annual Conference.
Application Deadline: December 16, 2019
- Selected Applicants Notified: December 23, 2019
- Data Collection Begins: Early January 2020
- Data Due: Late January 2020
- Remote Group and 1:1 Session: February – May 2020
- In-person Session: June 3, 2020
About TRG Arts
TRG Arts (The Results Group for the Arts) is an international, data-driven consulting firm that teaches arts marketers, fundraisers and executive leaders a patron and loyalty-based approach to increasing sustainable revenue. Experts in the arts sector for more than 20 years, TRG Arts has gained a reputation for achieving results and building successful business models for non-profit and commercial arts organizations. TRG Arts is an industry pioneer in areas including audience loyalty development, membership and the subscription model, and dynamic pricing.
About Theatre Communications Group
For over 55 years, Theatre Communications Group (TCG), the national organization for U.S. theatre, has existed to strengthen, nurture, and promote the professional not-for-profit theatre. TCG’s constituency has grown from a handful of groundbreaking theatres to over 700 Member Theatres and affiliate organizations and more than 10,000 individuals nationwide. In all of its endeavors, TCG seeks to increase the organizational efficiency of its Member Theatres, cultivate and celebrate the artistic talent and achievements of the field, and promote a larger public understanding of, and appreciation for, the theatre.
For questions about The Loyalty Collective, please email Caitlin Green at